Why God never received a PhD
- He had only one major publication.
- It was in Hebrew.
- It had no references.
- It wasn't published in a refereed journal.
- Some even doubt he wrote it by himself.
- It may be true that he created the world, but what has he
done since then?
- His cooperative efforts have been quite limited.
- The scientific community has had a hard time replicating his
- He never applied to the ethics board for permission to use
- When one experiment went awry he tried to cover it by
drowning his subjects.
- When subjects didn't behave as predicted, he deleted them
from the sample.
- He rarely came to class, just told students to read the
- Some say he had his son teach the class.
- He expelled his first two students for learning.
- Although there were only 10 requirements, most of his
students failed his tests.
- His office hours were infrequent and usually held on a
- No record of working well with colleagues.
After I've put this joke on the Web I got this e-mail as response.
Note that this is a real letter.
Subject: RE: Why God never received a PhD
I loved "Why God doesn't have a Ph.D." and I've sent it to a number of my
Here's one more reason to add to the list:
"18. Who could examine Him?"
Sr. Pastor, Southway Community Church
[John Neystadt WWW]
[John Neystadt Home Page]
[John Neystadt Humor Collection Contents]
Last modified 1:58PM 10/31/95
Created by John Neystadt