McAfee-Question: Is Windows a virus?
No, Windows is not a virus. Here's what viruses do:
Until now it seems Windows is a virus but there are fundamental
differences: Viruses are well supported by their authors, are running on
most systems, their program code is fast, compact and efficient and they
tend to become more sophisticated as they mature.
- They replicate quickly - okay, Windows does that.
- Viruses use up valuable system resources, slowing down the system
as they do so - okay, Windows does that.
- Viruses will, from time to time, trash your hard disk - okay, Windows does that too.
- Viruses are usually carried, unknown to the user, along with
valuable programs and systems. Sigh... Windows does that, too.
- Viruses will occasionally make the user suspect their system is too
slow (see 2) and the user will buy new hardware. Yup, that's with
So Windows is not a virus.
It's a bug.
(from barak bejerano)
[John Neystadt WWW]
[John Neystadt Home Page]
[John Neystadt Humor Collection Contents]
Last modified 13:20PM 08/2/95
Created by John Neystadt